Even though what you eat is important but in the forties it is the basis of uphill or downhill road to health. You might have seen that people regain their health and beauty even after consuming years of unhealthy lifestyle. There is this, evident change in their energy level, mood swings, immune system, sugar level etc. So yeah, it’s never too late.
After you turn forty, your body will respond differently like low energy level, more sugar cravings, appetite may increase for starchy food like rice, pasta and bread. Also, your metabolism slows down and body needs fewer calories to get through the day. From a health perspective, these are some ways to deal with this transition:
- Incorporate green juices, vegetable juices like spinach, carrot, tomato, beet, bottle gourd and bitter gourd. Also, coconut water and plenty of water with lemon in it. These juices will supply plenty of vitamins, chlorophyll and minerals in your body.
- Protein should be added to your diet when you’re in your forties. It helps to prevent age-related muscle loss.
- Consuming Fibres in good amount helps in managing your weight. Like, increase the intake of whole grains, fruits, vegetables and pulses.
- Weight train once a week. Make it a habit. It improves your health by raising metabolism, keeping blood sugar level in check, lowering the risk of lifestyle disease and improves brain function.
- Free radicals are known to accelerate the ageing process. Antioxidants like vitamin E, C, A, bioflavonoids, selenium and polyphenols are known to slow down the ageing process.
Lastly, you know that love is rejuvenating, making life more meaningful. It has healing energy. People who bond with family and friends have a feeling of contentment and are better equipped to fight disease. The act of giving and receiving love act as a shield from the stress of life and prevents needless ageing. it’s true a loving relationship with anybody – even plants or pets- is good for longevity.