Imagine, you are brushing your teeth and when you spit out paste you see blood too coming out of it. Or you bite a fruit and see a patch on the bitten part. It looks embarrassing, right? Bleeding gums is a serious problem and could have many reasons behind it. You don’t just have to take care of your teeth but also of the gums. There are various home remedies for the bleeding gums, that must be kept handy, have a look:
Take some raw honey on your fingertips and apply it on your gums gently. Massage for a while. Honey has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that kill bacteria of bleeding gums. Applying regularly would be effective.
It is a process of swishing some oil in the mouth that fight the infection that causes your gums to bleed. Coconut oil or sesame oil helps in getting rid of harmful bacterial growth.
Drinking unsweetened cranberry juice on daily basis helps in keeping teeth and gums off harmful bacteria. Cranberry has anti-microbial properties.
Salt Water Rinse
Salt has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce swelling and also fights the infection that leads to bleeding gums. In a glass of warm water mix two teaspoons of salt and thoroughly rinse your mouth. Do this process atlas two-three times a day for healthy gums.
Turmeric is one of the oldest remedy used to heal infections on the body. Its therapeutic properties help in gum healing. Just mix some turmeric and mustard oil and massage this gently on your gums.
There are few Ayurvedic Remedies that can also be used for bleeding gums. Just have a look:
- To keep your bleeding gums at bay, in a cup of orange juice mix half teaspoon of natural sugar and a pinch of cumin. Rinse your mouth with this mixture once a while.
- Eating two or three raspberries empty stomach will also be helpful. Just don’t have this with dairy products.
- Massaging gums with coconut oil will also keep them healthy.
- For gingivitis and bleeding gums, Triphala tea is effective because it has astringent properties that stop bleeding. Gargling with Triphala tea is a helpful thing that you can try.
- Drinking a glass of lemon water also helps in maintaining healthy gums
- Massaging your gums with coconut oil also strengthen them.
Apart from these home remedies, you should brush your teeth on daily basis, mainly after eating sugary foods. Consuming food items like yoghurt, soya, green tea or garlic keep your gums healthy.