In winter, soup is comfort food. Though, a bowl of soup served with freshly baked bread would help you in recovering from flu while providing nutrition too. However, soups are not just dishes that need to take while being ill. They are meals when you want to cut calories. After eating fried items for long, you can make a simple soup and can enjoy it in the form of light and healthy meals.
Also, soups are appetisers that help in increasing your appetite before meals. However, they can be had as a low-calorie meal as well. They are merely warm and healthy, mainly easy to digest when you want to have late night dinner with low carb. We have curated these two vegetarian soup for a healthy diet for you:
Clear Mushroom Soup Recipe
- Clear and wash button mushroom and slice them along with stalk.
- In a stock, pan adds sliced mushroom and some butter. Mix the butter roughly into a mushroom, do not cook it.
- Now add water in the pan and bring it to boil on a low flame. As the water is boiling, add soaked shiitake in the mixture.
- For flavors, you can add thyme and salt. Let it simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and add some spring onions for freshness.
Vitamin Soup Recipe
- In a blender, blend beetroot, green chilies, tomato, and carrot.
- Now, in a pan, add 2 tsp of oil and add some cumin seed, mustard seed, curry leaves for seasoning.
- Add the blended mixture in the seasoning.
- Add some water with red chili powder, cumin powder, Rasam powder, coriander powder, and tamarind pulp.
- Let the mixture boil for 10-15 minutes.
- You can add coriander leaves also for some flavors.
The best part about these two soups is, it can be coked with your favorite vegetables or plants. They can also be stored and consumed the next day. Try these yummy recipes at home.